Dental Cleanings & Exams Near You
We love seeing happy, healthy smiles at Belle Rive Dental Clinic. That is why we are happy to provide all of our patients with dental cleanings & exams to help them maintain optimal oral health for years to come. Dental cleanings & exams are a part of preventative dentistry, which is the cornerstone of all dental practices. Read more to learn how you can benefit from dental cleanings & exams near you.
What is Preventative Dentistry?
What Happens During a Dental Cleaning & Exam?
When you visit our dentist near you for an oral hygiene appointment, our friendly and experienced dental hygienist will begin by cleaning and polishing your teeth. They will also look for any signs of oral disease such as tooth decay or gingivitis during this time. You can expect your dental cleaning to include:
- Dental scaling- using a special tool, our hygienist will remove any built-up plaque and tartar in your mouth, including between each tooth and below your gum line.
- Polishing- once all of the plaque and tartar have been eliminated, our hygienist will remove any remaining debris and polish your teeth so that you have a shining smile.
- Fluoride treatment- finally, you will be offered a fluoride treatment, which will protect you against future tooth decay by strengthening your tooth enamel.
Once your cleaning is complete, our dentist in Edmonton will greet you and provide you with a comprehensive dental evaluation. They will examine your teeth, gums, and jaws to gain a full understanding of your oral health status. Your examination may include:
- A discussion about your medical history- our dentist needs to understand your current health status to provide you with accurate and effective treatment plans for any oral health conditions.
- Digital x-rays- x-rays help our dentist see if there are any areas of concern below your gum line.
- Oral cancer screening- our dentist will evaluate your teeth, jaws, neck, and head for any early signs of oral cancer.
We value patient education and communication at Belle Rive Dental Clinic. After evaluating your oral health, our dentist will discuss any areas of concern with you and work with you to create a personalized treatment plan.
Promoting Oral Health at Home
While you must visit our dentist at least once every six months for a professional dental cleaning & exam, you also need to maintain healthy habits at home, including:
- Brushing twice a day for at least two minutes
- Flossing each evening
- Using a fluoride toothpaste
- Minimizing the number of sugary foods in your diet
Our team of dental professionals at Belle Rive Dental Clinic is happy to provide you with dental cleanings & exams in Edmonton. Please do not hesitate to contact us and book your appointment today!